[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions
[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 QuoteWerks
 QuoteWerks Community
 Custom Quote Numbering
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

RGLASS

2 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2015 :  10:27:49  Show Profile
Is there a way to set up an automatic custom quote numbering system so Quotewerks will automatically pick the first four characters of the contact's company name and a year/month/day date code for the day the quote was entered?

stevesiggs
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
2163 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2015 :  11:03:57  Show Profile  Visit stevesiggs's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by RGLASS

Is there a way to set up an automatic custom quote numbering system so Quotewerks will automatically pick the first four characters of the contact's company name and a year/month/day date code for the day the quote was entered?

On the Sales Info tab - no, but on a Layout - yes.

There are a couple of article on changing the Document No reference on a Layout on our blog which may be useful to you here:
http://www.hilltopsit.co.uk/blog/index.php/2010/12/09/changing-the-quotewerks-document-number-prefix/

http://www.hilltopsit.co.uk/blog/index.php/2010/09/08/change-quotewerks-document-number-prefix-on-a-layout/

Also as a pointer, using the functions 'first', 'upper', 'last' and the fields DocumentHeaders->SoldToCompany, DocumentHeaders->DocDate will be your friends to achieve what you are wanting to do.

Hope this helps,

Stephen Siggs
Hilltops IT / ConnectIt Software
QuoteWerks Solution & Development Partner since 2005

Tel: +44(0) 344 357 7360
Cell: +44(0) 7875 423661
Email: steve@hilltopsit.co.uk
QuoteWerks services - www.hilltopsit.co.uk/quotewerks
QuoteWerks add-ons - www.connectit-software.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

RGLASS

2 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2015 :  15:48:59  Show Profile
Steve, I saw a previous post describing this but that's not quite what I'm looking for. Let me give you an example using a hypothetical quote I want to enter for Hilltop today. I would want the default quote number to be HILL150304. That's taking the first four characters from the company name and applying a date code. If I also entered a quote today for Advance Designs, I would want the number to be ADVA150304. I would like the first four characters to always derived from the name and the date of entry applied as opposed to a sequential number. Is this possible?
Go to Top of Page

Tolleh
QuoteWerks Genius

USA
3383 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2015 :  23:48:17  Show Profile
quote:

Steve, I saw a previous post describing this but that's not quite what I'm looking for. Let me give you an example using a hypothetical quote I want to enter for Hilltop today. I would want the default quote number to be HILL150304. That's taking the first four characters from the company name and applying a date code. If I also entered a quote today for Advance Designs, I would want the number to be ADVA150304. I would like the first four characters to always derived from the name and the date of entry applied as opposed to a sequential number. Is this possible?

You cannot do this natively.

If you are using the enterprise edition you could use the beforesave event to create and enter the doc number in a script using the QW API

If you are not using the enterprise edition, you could still use the script but you would need to run it manually from a menu item, or you could create an application that would listen for the beforesave event and run your API code in the event

Hope this helps,
Dan

"For [G o d] so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that
whoever believes in him shall... have eternal life." John 3:16 N.I.V.

Go to Top of Page

stevesiggs
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
2163 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2015 :  07:00:11  Show Profile  Visit stevesiggs's Homepage
quote:

Dan is correct if you want to change the Document Number on the Sales Info tab, i.e. change the numbering within QuoteWerks - that would be a relatively straightforward utility to write.

If you are happy to retain the QuoteWerks Document numbering system for internal use and have your own custom numbering on the Document Layout only, then you could write a formula to achieve this using the fields and formula I mentioned before.

Note that in any event you might want to consider how things are handled if you do a quote for Advance Designs and Advance IT today - both would have the same quote number... your system would have to deal with this somehow.

Hope this helps,

Hope this helps,

Stephen Siggs
Hilltops IT / ConnectIt Software
QuoteWerks Solution & Development Partner since 2005

Tel: +44(0) 344 357 7360
Cell: +44(0) 7875 423661
Email: steve@hilltopsit.co.uk
QuoteWerks services - www.hilltopsit.co.uk/quotewerks
QuoteWerks add-ons - www.connectit-software.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions © Aspire Technologies, Inc Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000