[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions
[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 QuoteValet
 QuoteValet Setup
 QV Approval and Revisions
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

daveataylor

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2015 :  04:47:59  Show Profile  Visit daveataylor's Homepage
We have an issue over using QV and the approval process. We create a quote which is then sent for approval using QV so the quote is uploaded to QV. The manager reviews the quote and then approves it. The customer is then sent the hyperlink so they can access the quote.

The customer then wants to change an item on the quote so it comes back to sales. Sales adds the new item and send it off for approval. Again sending it for approval uploads to QV.

The customer then uses the hyperlink in the email again to check something on the original quote (the revised quote hasnít been approved yet). The customer can see the revised quote that is waiting for approval. Even though the quote hasnít been approved the customer can view the pricing and even accept this quote without it being approved.

We have been advised that we have to manually go into the quote each time and select the "recall the quote". This doesn't always happen as it's a manual process.

Has anyone else come across this and is there a way to automate the "recall the quote" when saving a revision of the quote?

I cannot believe that this has been overlooked in such an obvious way.

qw_Shawn
Technical Support Manager

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2015 :  07:18:08  Show Profile  Visit qw_Shawn's Homepage
Let me bring this up with our Development Team and see what they might have to say concerning this situation.

Just so that I am clear; you are stating the between uploading the revision, and approval, the customer is just randomly going to the quote for viewing? They have been in no way notified that a newly revised, non-approved quote exists, correct?

Best Regards,

Shawn McNamara
QuoteWerks Technical Support, Level 4
QuoteWerks Team Member Since June 2010
Aspire Technologies, Inc.

See our Tips & Tricks videos on our YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/quotewerks
Go to Top of Page

Quintadena
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
2357 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2015 :  09:09:33  Show Profile  Visit Quintadena's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by qw_Shawn

Let me bring this up with our Development Team and see what they might have to say concerning this situation.

Just so that I am clear; you are stating the between uploading the revision, and approval, the customer is just randomly going to the quote for viewing? They have been in no way notified that a newly revised, non-approved quote exists, correct?

This issue, Shawn, is that whilst the quote is going through an internal approval process, the existing quote URL is still available for the client.

What Dave and I would love to see is either the quote is recalled automatically (or a prompt for the user to recall it) when the quote is going through an internal approval process (after a revision is created).

The World's #1 Solutions Partner 2007-2016
sales@quintadena.com
(Support, Configuration, Development and Extensions)

Have you seen our QuoteWerks to Xero Integration? http://goo.gl/MaJwgu
Live Chat with us about QuoteWerks here - http://goo.gl/1gtui - (UK office hours)
Go to Top of Page

qw_Shawn

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2015 :  13:37:44  Show Profile  Visit qw_Shawn's Homepage
I have reported this to our Development Team, and they will be investigating a possible solution.

It should be noted though that uploading to QuoteValet and sending the customer a link is like FedEx'ing them a quote to sign. They still have this quote in their hands when they ask you to send another version of the quote with the new item on it, which you also FedEx to them and then they have that in their hands as well. That is how it would work in the paper world. In the digital realm; our recall feature (see the QuoteValet tab of the quote) gives the end users more control than that, letting you in effect, take the first quote out of their hands.

Best Regards,

Shawn McNamara

Go to Top of Page

daveataylor

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2015 :  10:49:27  Show Profile  Visit daveataylor's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by qw_Shawn

I have reported this to our Development Team, and they will be investigating a possible solution.

It should be noted though that uploading to QuoteValet and sending the customer a link is like FedEx'ing them a quote to sign. They still have this quote in their hands when they ask you to send another version of the quote with the new item on it, which you also FedEx to them and then they have that in their hands as well. That is how it would work in the paper world. In the digital realm; our recall feature (see the QuoteValet tab of the quote) gives the end users more control than that, letting you in effect, take the first quote out of their hands.

Hi, Thanks for the update. I agree with the Fedx point but the problem is that the customer should not be able to see the revised / unapproved document until it's "delivered" to the client.

Look forward to seeing a resolution or an option to control the behaviour automatically.
Go to Top of Page

daveataylor

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2015 :  04:21:42  Show Profile  Visit daveataylor's Homepage
Hi Shawn,

Any update?
Go to Top of Page

qw_Shawn

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2015 :  11:02:22  Show Profile  Visit qw_Shawn's Homepage
Development has the request, but this is not an easy fix. There are a great many things to take into account in order to make this happen. We will keep you posted as Development nears a solution.

Best Regards,

Shawn McNamara

Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions © Aspire Technologies, Inc Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000