Customer Facing QVM Template
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

gmedia
QuoteWerks Scholar

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2014 :  21:10:42  Show Profile  Visit gmedia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Where does the Costomer Facing QV mobile template get it's formatting?

Our company has a few subsidiaries, and we use different logos for each subsidiary. I gather that QVM can only have one template (unlike QV), so what HTML document and css document will affect the QVM Template?

I have tried changing the logo in the Customer Facing QVM template, but nothing seems to work. I am decent with HTML and CSS.

Thanks!!

Chris

Quintadena
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
2354 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2014 :  04:51:42  Show Profile  Visit Quintadena's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are we talking about the user's experience, or what you're putting in front of the client?

I don't believe we have any of our users using this functionality, so we've limited experience.

Does it not use the default customer facing template?

The World's #1 Solutions Partner 2007-2016
sales@quintadena.com
(Support, Configuration, Development and Extensions)

Have you seen our QuoteWerks to Xero Integration? http://goo.gl/MaJwgu
Live Chat with us about QuoteWerks here - http://goo.gl/1gtui - (UK office hours)
Go to Top of Page

gmedia
QuoteWerks Scholar

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2014 :  07:31:26  Show Profile  Visit gmedia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think you understand me. It is the quote they see after you go through the mobile quoting, hit submit, and the customer clicks on the generated email.

We need to edit that email as well as that quote. You would think it uses the default template, but we changed it and the quote doesn't change.

Chris

Go to Top of Page

gmedia
QuoteWerks Scholar

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2014 :  09:24:02  Show Profile  Visit gmedia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does no one know??

Chris
Go to Top of Page

qw_Danny
Forum Administrator/QuoteWerks Staff

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2014 :  12:07:28  Show Profile  Visit qw_Danny's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmedia

Does no one know??

Chris

Greetings Chris,

The web-based quote that the customer views will utilize whichever Customer Facing template is set as the default. You may need to hard-refresh the browser window to see the changes.

The email template can be edited in the QuoteValet Templates tab, under the "Notification E-Mail" Template Type. In the HTML, do a search for the text "[Begin_NotificationDocumentCreatedInQvm]", this should take you to the section that is the Customer Notification portion of the E-Mail template, for quotes created in QuoteValet Mobile.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Danny Waters
QuoteWerks Level 3 Tech
www.quotewerks.com
Go to Top of Page

nzryanc
QuoteWerks Aficionado

New Zealand
45 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2016 :  22:45:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I actually had a question on this too.

I notice when you send out a notification for QV it has a template box at the top right, how do you create templates up there with custom wording?

90% of our quotes are for unique situations, but the rest are annual renewals for the same product over every customer, so it's easier to drop this down a pick one that has all the sales stuff in it we don't want to type/copy-paste from a template file or similar.
Go to Top of Page

Quintadena
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
2354 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2016 :  03:33:38  Show Profile  Visit Quintadena's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Ryan,

To create custom templates, you need to go to Tools -> Customize Email Templates. Here you will be able to create email templates. QuoteValet Email templates can be viewed by looking at [System] for the Owner. If you do not see the Customize email templates menu option, this may be because your account settings do not have the permissions required to see this menu.

Best Regards,
Brandon Haycock

The World's #1 Solutions Partner 2007-2016
sales@quintadena.com
(Support, Configuration, Development and Extensions)

Have you seen our QuoteWerks to Xero Integration? http://goo.gl/MaJwgu
Live Chat with us about QuoteWerks here - http://goo.gl/1gtui - (UK office hours)

Edited by - Quintadena on 09/02/2016 03:43:14
Go to Top of Page

qw_Shawn
Technical Support Manager

USA
752 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2016 :  16:04:27  Show Profile  Visit qw_Shawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You will need Master Rights to customize most templates.

Best Regards,

Shawn McNamara
QuoteWerks Technical Support Manager
QuoteWerks Technical Support, Level 4
QuoteWerks Team Member Since June 2010
Aspire Technologies, Inc.

See our Tips & Tricks videos on our YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/quotewerks
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: