Column customization transfer master to remote
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Bryan

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  20:56:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have installed a remote installation following the instructions in the help files. It's registered and syncing quotes, layout files etc.

It is not however transferring customized colums on the Document Items tab. I have customized column order and names for our business using custom text fields on the Master install but the remote still has the default columns.

I tried copying the master folder over to the remote. Column customizations transferred, but it introduced a number of other errors.

Which files should be copied to transfer these customizations please?

Thanks.

stevesiggs
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
2137 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2017 :  06:39:52  Show Profile  Visit stevesiggs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan

I have installed a remote installation following the instructions in the help files. It's registered and syncing quotes, layout files etc.

It is not however transferring customized colums on the Document Items tab. I have customized column order and names for our business using custom text fields on the Master install but the remote still has the default columns.

I tried copying the master folder over to the remote. Column customizations transferred, but it introduced a number of other errors.

Which files should be copied to transfer these customizations please?

For pre-v5.2: Document Item tab column customisations were stored in the User.ini file.

Post-v5.2 they are in the database. Perhaps running the Sync will pull these customisations across for you?

Hope this helps. If not, then what version and edition of QuoteWerks are you running?

Thank you,

Stephen Siggs
Hilltops IT / ConnectIt Software
QuoteWerks Solution & Development Partner since 2005

Tel: +44(0) 344 357 7360
Cell: +44(0) 7875 423661
Email: steve@hilltopsit.co.uk
QuoteWerks services - www.hilltopsit.co.uk/quotewerks
QuoteWerks add-ons - www.connectit-software.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Bryan

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2017 :  16:33:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevesiggs

For pre-v5.2: Document Item tab column customisations were stored in the User.ini file.

Post-v5.2 they are in the database. Perhaps running the Sync will pull these customisations across for you?

Hope this helps. If not, then what version and edition of QuoteWerks are you running?

Thank you,

Well you seem to have pointed me on the right path but not all the way to a solution. I had a tech support call a couple weeks ago that involved updating my master to what I thought was the newest version, I even kept a copy of the update .exe file. I used that to to install the remote but now I've checked again, my master is not updated to latest.

Master is 5.1 b6.07
Remote is 5.2 b2

Thus my master has user.ini files. Remote does not.

I updated my master with the hope that the remote would then receive the customizations with the next sync. However after update, the master has also lost it's customizations.

I've successfully restored the master from backup to get the customizations back. Should those be lost with the update 5.1 to 5.2? If so I'll either have to update the master and re-do the customizations or I can back the remote down to version 5.1?

Any further advice? Thanks for the help.

Edited by - Bryan on 04/24/2017 17:25:13
Go to Top of Page

stevesiggs
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
2137 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2017 :  04:35:22  Show Profile  Visit stevesiggs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Master is 5.1 b6.07
Remote is 5.2 b2
Thus my master has user.ini files. Remote does not.

Having a master and remote on different versions is definitely not recommended. You did the right thing by upgrading the master.

quote:

I updated my master with the hope that the remote would then receive the customizations with the next sync. However after update, the master has also lost it's customizations.

I've successfully restored the master from backup to get the customizations back. Should those be lost with the update 5.1 to 5.2? If so I'll either have to update the master and re-do the customizations or I can back the remote down to version 5.1?

Any further advice?

QW v5.2 build 2 is no longer available which suggests that there may have been issues with it. The latest release is v5.2 build 3.19 which has been available for some time and so very likely stable. I would suggest upgrading both Master and Remote to v5.2 build 3.19. Unfortunately I suspect that this may not bring back your config changes so I would re-do these on the master and then Sync.

Note that depending on whether you are on the Professional or Corporate edition you may (or may not) have the option to Sync User settings.

Hope this helps,

Stephen Siggs
Hilltops IT / ConnectIt Software
QuoteWerks Solution & Development Partner since 2005

Tel: +44(0) 344 357 7360
Cell: +44(0) 7875 423661
Email: steve@hilltopsit.co.uk
QuoteWerks services - www.hilltopsit.co.uk/quotewerks
QuoteWerks add-ons - www.connectit-software.co.uk

Edited by - stevesiggs on 04/25/2017 04:36:27
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic