Automate Re-upload to QuoteValet after Accept
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

lasl0w
QuoteWerks Enthusiast

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2017 :  18:31:51  Show Profile  Visit lasl0w's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to trigger a re-upload to Quote Valet without any user interaction? I don't see anything in the SDK beyond the DocumentPrint function which does require user interaction. The Web Connector does not appear to be an option. QuoteWerks Web may solve this.

I have a scenario where we have optional items with different tax rates for each line item. We are handling the various tax rates and updates to the totals in Quote Valet using Avalara. That part works well as customers select and de-select optional items, but taking payment requires us to jump through a couple extra hoops when multiple rates exist on a quote with optional items selected.

The payment is referencing DH_GrandTotal, which does not take into account the multiple tax rates being applied until the optional item selection updates are received in the sites QuoteWerks database. I'm willing to set up a service that triggers a the OpenDocument (to pull down updates from QuoteValet), then a re-upload to Quote Valet, but that would require that "upload to Quote Valet" function to exist. Anyone have a similar problem or other ideas?

Tom “Monty” Montgomery | Greystone Technology

303.883.6524 (Direct)
303.757.0779 (Office)
www.GreystoneTech.com

IT Management | IT Consulting | Digital Marketing | Web Development | Mobile Development

stevesiggs
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
2137 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2017 :  09:26:07  Show Profile  Visit stevesiggs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lasl0w

Is it possible to trigger a re-upload to Quote Valet without any user interaction?

Not that I am aware of... as I understand it though, there is an intention for Aspire to develop API hooks into QuoteValet (and I guess also QW Web) at some point. Might be worth an email to development@quotewerks.com to make the request and get it on their 'to do ' list.

Regards

Stephen Siggs
Hilltops IT / ConnectIt Software
QuoteWerks Solution & Development Partner since 2005

Tel: +44(0) 344 357 7360
Cell: +44(0) 7875 423661
Email: steve@hilltopsit.co.uk
QuoteWerks services - www.hilltopsit.co.uk/quotewerks
QuoteWerks add-ons - www.connectit-software.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

lasl0w
QuoteWerks Enthusiast

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2017 :  18:57:43  Show Profile  Visit lasl0w's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Steve, I figured that was probably the case. I sent it over to get their thoughts.

We figured out a workaround (which is not ideal) by selecting all the optionals with javascript on first view and setting a value in the user cache to make sure we don't do it more than once. Any payment amount will then work, but the downside is sticker shock at the total amount when the quoter is giving a buyer options between several different product bundles that all appear selected (until they de-select some and click update).

Tom “Monty” Montgomery | Greystone Technology

303.883.6524 (Direct)
303.757.0779 (Office)
www.GreystoneTech.com

IT Management | IT Consulting | Digital Marketing | Web Development | Mobile Development
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
QuoteWerks Support Forum © Aspire Technologies, Inc Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000