[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions
[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 QuoteWerks
 Installation and Upgrades
 Run time error 339
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

lupeatx

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2017 :  16:28:35  Show Profile
We are experiencing an error message when trying to install Quotewerks. We are running 4.7 and get error Run-time error '339: Component 'IGSPLITTER40.OCX OR ONE OF ITS DEPENDENCES NOT CORRECTLY REGISTERED : A FILE IS MISSING OR INVALID.

This program has been working fine until a few days ago. I uninstalled it and tried reinstalling but get the same error code. The last time we installed this program was in 2012 and haven't had any issues until now. We have a Linux server running SLES 12

Now the way we have it set up is we have an application folder and we run the .exe file on the computer that is going to use the software. So right now I think we have 3 users, so this gets installed on 3 computers from that application folder. Do I just run the .exe over the current set up?? Do I have to uninstall first??

We run on a Novell network and that's how we get to the QW folder. One thing I noticed is that I do not see the nwsetup.exe file anymore.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lupe

MattPrestige
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
531 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2017 :  16:35:16  Show Profile  Visit MattPrestige's Homepage
Nsetup is more than likely the answer here.
Can you download the QW build from the website and get the nsetup file from that?

QuoteWerks MVP for 7 years
Remote QuoteWerks consultancy for companies globally.

matt@prestigequoting.com
www.prestigequoting.com
Go to Top of Page

lupeatx

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2017 :  16:47:59  Show Profile
I downloaded the qw49b0117.exe that I was told to download. But this is not my specific build (7.03)

Do I just run from the QW folder?
Go to Top of Page

MattPrestige
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
531 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2017 :  16:55:58  Show Profile  Visit MattPrestige's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by lupeatx

I downloaded the qw49b0117.exe that I was told to download. But this is not my specific build (7.03)

Do I just run from the QW folder?

If it's close to the build, you might be alright.
If you install that as a demo, it should give the nsetup file, which you can then copy to your master installation.

QuoteWerks MVP for 7 years
Remote QuoteWerks consultancy for companies globally.

matt@prestigequoting.com
www.prestigequoting.com
Go to Top of Page

lupeatx

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2017 :  11:32:04  Show Profile
Success!! I was able to install. I grabbed the nsetup.exe file from another server and used that to install. Both are same version.

Next I will try to upgrade. Let's see how that goes.
Go to Top of Page

qw_Shawn
Technical Support Manager

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2017 :  10:42:39  Show Profile  Visit qw_Shawn's Homepage
We have seen in Support where the Nsetup was not updated with the latest version; causes typically are a/v or something of that nature.

The NSetup is not something that is bound to a particular installation, just the version and build of a particular installation.

Best Regards,

Shawn McNamara
QuoteWerks Technical Support, Level 4
QuoteWerks Team Member Since June 2010
Aspire Technologies, Inc.

See our Tips & Tricks videos on our YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/quotewerks
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions © Aspire Technologies, Inc Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000