[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions
[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 QuoteWerks
 Installation and Upgrades
 Cannot get client connected to SQL
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

don2ddg

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2016 :  12:59:11  Show Profile
I am converting to the corporate edition. I have the server setup and running QW on SQL. No problem running QW on the server. I cannot get my client computer to connect and have the errors below.

Error 1:

---------------------------
QuoteWerks v5.1 (Build 6.07) {Edition not detected yet}
Error opening connection in ConnOpen():

Error(-2147467259) [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Provider Errors:

Error(-2147467259) [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.,NativeError=17

ConnectString=User ID=sa;Password={PasswordIsHidden};Data Source=(local)\SQLExpress;Provider=sqloledb;;Initial Catalog=QuoteWerks;
OK

Error 2:
QuoteWerks v5.1 (Build 6.07) {Edition not detected yet}
Error in LoadSchemaswimming connecting to database. QuoteWerks will now terminate.
OK

Server - Win 10 Pro - 2012 SQL Express X86
Client - Win 7 Pro
Basic business LAN

Checklist;

Services:
SQL Server - Running - Automatic
SQL Server Agent - Not Running - Automatic
SQL Server Browser - Running - Automatic

----

SQL Server Config Manager:
Shared Memory - Enabled
Named Pipes - Tested both Enabled and Disabled
TCP/IP - Enabled - IPALL TCP Port 1433

Services restarted after changes.

----

Server Firewall:
Inbound;
TCP 1433 Open
sqlservr.exe open

Outbound;
UDP 1434 Open
sqlservr.exe open

----

SQL Server Management Studio:
Server properties / Connections / Allow remote connections checked.

----

File Sharing:

Quotewerks folder on server - C:\QW\Quotewerks - Mapped drive on client
SQL Folder on Server - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server - Mapped drive on client

Can access all files over the network.
Can remote desktop both ways.

----

I can access the server database through SQL Server Management Studio on the client.

I can access the data base through the database connection tool QW posted on another forum thread with the connection string: User ID=sa;Password=****;Data Source=SERVER\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=QuoteWerks;

I have also setup the Host file with the server IP/name on the client - ipconfig /flushdns performed.

Ping to server is good.

I was able to get the client connected to QW once by adding the clients IP to SQL Server Config Manager/TCPIP Properties/IP Addresses. Wasn't able to replicate so not sure what changed.

Not sure where to go from here. I'm sure I'm missing something simple. I have 10 machines to connect to it.

MattPrestige
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
531 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2016 :  16:12:17  Show Profile  Visit MattPrestige's Homepage
The long and short of it was the server was set to (local)\SQLExpress

Changing this to 'servernamehere'\SQLExpress meant the other users could 'see' the central location correctly.

QuoteWerks MVP for 7 years
Remote QuoteWerks consultancy for companies globally.

matt@prestigequoting.com
www.prestigequoting.com
Go to Top of Page

don2ddg

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2016 :  17:03:55  Show Profile
Matt at Prestige shot me an email within 2 minutes of me posting to the forum. 5 min later he was fixing everything. Took about an hour and a half but most of the time was spent copying files back and forth. Everything is working fine now. I would highly recommend anyone doing the corporate SQL transition to reach out to Matt and let him handle it. Very much worth the time and money.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions © Aspire Technologies, Inc Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000