[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions
[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 QuoteWerks
 Products
 optional item selection
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

leelauer

13 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  01:01:30  Show Profile
Maybe I'm missing something in my understanding on how optional items work in QW, but it seems to me a very awkward implementation.

So, I have a template with some headings (fictional examples) Custom Shirts, Pants and Ties

So when building a quote with the configurator, we have a series of different paths to chose which custom Shirt is being quoted (size, color, sleeve type etc.) In the config there are options, but they only apply withing that configuration.

Now at the bottom of the quote I want to add optional items, like Accessories (gloves, scarfs etc.) These have NOTHING to do with the configurator, but I want them on the bottom of every quote so that the salesperson can ask the customer; "hey you want gloves with that order too"?

Now I can set the line attribute to "is optional" and "is selected" but how on Earth can this "is selected" be toggled without having to right click and edit the attributes for EVERY item. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing that can add a radio button or toggle check button so that the salesperson can just "tick" or "untick" various items while on the phone with the customer?

I realize that when converting to an order, I can select the button that removes optional items but when looking at the quote screen, there is no visual indication that it's selected or not, until you try to deliver and preview the quote.

Quintadena
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
2357 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  04:55:48  Show Profile  Visit Quintadena's Homepage
Hi Lee,

You can use Windows functionality to assist with that. If you press CTRL and select the items, this will highlight all selected items and you can right click and select "Is Selected" and this will select all of the items so no need to do this for every item. You can also take advantage of CTRL + SHIFT to highlight a list of items from top to bottom to do it that way if all of the items are together.

If you wanted to further enhance this, QuoteValet allows the user to select which items they want and which items they do not want before accepting the quotation which they can also do online instead of having to send purchase orders or verbal confirmation. If you would like a quick run through of the features of QuoteValet, i'd be more than happy to schedule a quick demonstration for you.

Best Regards,
Brandon Haycock

The World's #1 Solutions Partner 2007-2016
sales@quintadena.com
(Support, Configuration, Development and Extensions)

Have you seen our QuoteWerks to Xero Integration? http://goo.gl/MaJwgu
Live Chat with us about QuoteWerks here - http://goo.gl/1gtui - (UK office hours)
Go to Top of Page

MattPrestige
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
531 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  05:15:49  Show Profile  Visit MattPrestige's Homepage
There is a (small) visual indicator as to whether items are optional or not.
If you look at the price fields, you'll notice that non-selected options appear in a green font.

QuoteWerks MVP for 7 years
Remote QuoteWerks consultancy for companies globally.

matt@prestigequoting.com
www.prestigequoting.com
Go to Top of Page

Quintadena
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
2357 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  07:04:48  Show Profile  Visit Quintadena's Homepage
Absolutely there is Matt!

Also, if I cast my mind far enough, if i'm not mistaken there was a post made by yourself Matt on the QuoteWerks Support Portal about having a way to make it more clear as to whether an item is of a certain attribute.

Lee, It might be worth sending in an email to development@quotewerks.com requesting a feature to allow line attributes to be more noticeable either in the form of a selectable column in QuoteWerks or enhanced colour coding etc or a method that you believe would be more suitable.

All of these are added to a database for the developers consideration for future versions/builds and every feature request is welcomed.

Best Regards,
Brandon Haycock

The World's #1 Solutions Partner 2007-2016
sales@quintadena.com
(Support, Configuration, Development and Extensions)

Have you seen our QuoteWerks to Xero Integration? http://goo.gl/MaJwgu
Live Chat with us about QuoteWerks here - http://goo.gl/1gtui - (UK office hours)
Go to Top of Page

MattPrestige
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
531 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  07:29:51  Show Profile  Visit MattPrestige's Homepage
Being able to assign colours to products in the database would be nice.
Currently this has to be done manually or built into Quote Templates (File>New).

Maybe a new colour that automatically applies to non-selected optional items on a quote?

matt@prestigequoting.com
www.prestigequoting.com
Go to Top of Page

leelauer

13 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  08:34:22  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by MattPrestige

There is a (small) visual indicator as to whether items are optional or not.
If you look at the price fields, you'll notice that non-selected options appear in a green font.

Thanks, I had not noticed this at all. That's a VERY subtle change that can be easily missed by a busy salesperson on the phone with a customer. Maybe I'm crazy for suggesting this, but to me, "green means go".....surely it should be red to indicate it's NOT selected?
Go to Top of Page

MattPrestige
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
531 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  08:38:26  Show Profile  Visit MattPrestige's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by leelauer
Maybe I'm crazy for suggesting this, but to me, "green means go".....surely it should be red to indicate it's NOT selected?

I've suggested that QuoteWerks consider allowing users to nominate a colour that is applied to the background of a row for things like Headings/SubTotals/Options, etc.

A subtle red/green/whatever would be a good visual indicator that this isn't a 'normal' line.

The font text can't be changed from green to red, currently. The green, in time, does become noticed.. but I guess it's one of those situations where you only know if you know what you're looking for.

matt@prestigequoting.com
www.prestigequoting.com
Go to Top of Page

leelauer

13 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  08:43:40  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Quintadena

Hi Lee,

You can use Windows functionality to assist with that. If you press CTRL and select the items, this will highlight all selected items and you can right click and select "Is Selected" and this will select all of the items so no need to do this for every item. You can also take advantage of CTRL + SHIFT to highlight a list of items from top to bottom to do it that way if all of the items are together.

If you wanted to further enhance this, QuoteValet allows the user to select which items they want and which items they do not want before accepting the quotation which they can also do online instead of having to send purchase orders or verbal confirmation. If you would like a quick run through of the features of QuoteValet, i'd be more than happy to schedule a quick demonstration for you.

Best Regards,
Brandon Haycock

Thanks Brandon. I'm already aware of what Quote Valet can do but at the moment this just is not a viable option. We still have customers who fax orders to us and the rest prefer to call in orders. I can't justify the added cost of QV for a handful of customers who would be tech savy enought to want to use it. Sadly our industry is VERY olf fashioned.

Even if we used QV, this wouldn't solve the internal procedure, just makes it easier for a customer to make changes.

This means I need the quote/order entry to be a little easier for the internal sales people.
Go to Top of Page

leelauer

13 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  08:48:45  Show Profile
quote:

quote:
Maybe I'm crazy for suggesting this, but to me, "green means go".....surely it should be red to indicate it's NOT selected?

I've suggested that QuoteWerks consider allowing users to nominate a colour that is applied to the background of a row for things like Headings/SubTotals/Options, etc.

A subtle red/green/whatever would be a good visual indicator that this isn't a 'normal' line.

The font text can't be changed from green to red, currently. The green, in time, does become noticed.. but I guess it's one of those situations where you only know if you know what you're looking for.

Yeah, easier when you know what you're looking for. I just wish there was an easier way to select and de-select an optional item. It's done in quote valet but of course that's a web interface.
Go to Top of Page

MattPrestige
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
531 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  09:03:17  Show Profile  Visit MattPrestige's Homepage
quote:
I just wish there was an easier way to select and de-select an optional item.
By the client or by the user?

matt@prestigequoting.com
www.prestigequoting.com
Go to Top of Page

leelauer

13 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  09:05:07  Show Profile
quote:

quote:
I just wish there was an easier way to select and de-select an optional item.
By the client or by the user?

I was referring to the user when creating the quote or order while on the phone with the customer.
Go to Top of Page

MattPrestige
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
531 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  09:15:17  Show Profile  Visit MattPrestige's Homepage
quote:
I was referring to the user when creating the quote or order while on the phone with the customer.

If you're on the Corporate Edition, it would be possible to write a simple utility that would flip the optional item from selected to non-selected and vice versa.
Something like "Right Click -> Change Optional Status"

matt@prestigequoting.com
www.prestigequoting.com
Go to Top of Page

leelauer

13 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2017 :  00:38:06  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

If you're on the Corporate Edition, it would be possible to write a simple utility that would flip the optional item from selected to non-selected and vice versa.
Something like "Right Click -> Change Optional Status"

Is there a guide somewhere on how to do this in QW?
Go to Top of Page

MattPrestige
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
531 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2017 :  04:19:52  Show Profile  Visit MattPrestige's Homepage
quote:
Is there a guide somewhere on how to do this in QW?

No, this is something that would require some development skills. I'd suspect an hour of time would cover this requirement. Ping me an email if you'd like more details.

matt@prestigequoting.com
www.prestigequoting.com
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions © Aspire Technologies, Inc Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000