QuickBooks Online
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

gmedia
QuoteWerks Scholar

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2017 :  23:16:41  Show Profile  Visit gmedia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised that I have not seen anything about this mentioned, but is there any integration for QuickBooks Online?

Thank you for your help!

Chris

qw_Shawn
Technical Support Manager

USA
752 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  09:54:01  Show Profile  Visit qw_Shawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It has probably been buried from other requests in the forums. However, yes, our Developers are indeed working on an integration to Quickbooks online. We expect it to be out mid-this-year.

In the meantime, it would help us to know:
1) Are you currently using Quickbooks desktop and would like to switch to QuickBooks online?
2) or are you already using QuickBooks online?
3) If you are using QuickBooks Online, did you first start using QuickBooks with the online version or did you first start using QuickBooks with the desktop version?
4) If you are using QuickBooks Online, and have previously used QuickBooks Desktop, how would you rate QuickBooks online vs QuickBooks Desktop?

Are you aware of any limitations of QuickBooks online? It does not do everything QuickBooks Desktop does, including it no longer supports discount line items/charge line items in the Estimates and invoices, and it does not support receiving items against a Purchase Order. Those are just a couple of the things we have uncovered.

Best Regards,

Shawn McNamara
QuoteWerks Technical Support Manager
QuoteWerks Technical Support, Level 4
QuoteWerks Team Member Since June 2010
Aspire Technologies, Inc.

See our Tips & Tricks videos on our YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/quotewerks
Go to Top of Page

gmedia
QuoteWerks Scholar

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  13:58:48  Show Profile  Visit gmedia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1) Are you currently using Quickbooks desktop and would like to switch to QuickBooks online:

We have the desktop accountant version (most features unlocked), but am switching to QB online or Xero

2) or are you already using QuickBooks online:

We have the desktop accountant 2017 version, but are trial-ing QB online and Xero extensively.

3) If you are using QuickBooks Online, did you first start using QuickBooks with the online version or did you first start using QuickBooks with the desktop version? QB Desktop.:

I'm just so tired of how un-intuitive it is. After trial-ing the online version, it appears that this is where their development focus is going. It is eons easier to reconcile transactions. You can batch edit and you can create rules based on Text, Amount, bank, and income vs expense.

4) If you are using QuickBooks Online, and have previously used QuickBooks Desktop, how would you rate QuickBooks online vs QuickBooks Desktop?

So far, I like online much better. It is much more intuitive, graphically pleasing, mobile, etc. Generally, I like owning software as opposed to renting it though. I think most people do. Even in our own company, people are not excited about monthly fees. It is a little depressing that you will never "obtain" ownership or be done. It is much like buying a house, but then having to pay all of the property taxes or else lose the house. Kind pf depressing. On the other hand, the more value (especially the time saved and efficacy), regular improvements, and intuitiveness, the easier monthly is to swallow. Again, I think QB is really trying to push people to the online and subscription based model, as the desktop software gets only very minor improvements and is a messy beast, while the online is kind of nice. The sales guys try to stear you toward the online as well. I wouldn't be surprized if they eventually phase out the desktop.

We are looking for alternatives to QB because:
A. They are getting too greedy (Expensive, push their CC processor and payroll)
B. There HAS to be a better way to crunch numbers, as this software is not intuitive and very slow and seemingly reluctant to develop new features.
The cost of ownership of the desktop for us is $450 every three years and $40/month for payroll. The cost of Online is $80/month with payroll. The online version is more expensive for sure, but better software.

There are some things that the online won't do, but after using both, they are nominal to us. Quickbooks has always been a crappy program for inventory, so we never have expected to use it for that until they get a clue. I hate to hear about the discount line. Most of the time we give a cash discount using a generic product of DISC01, but we do use the % discount sometimes when we don't know what the customers will select. We try to use QuoteValet for 95% of our quotes.

Chis
Go to Top of Page

gmedia
QuoteWerks Scholar

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2017 :  23:12:37  Show Profile  Visit gmedia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there a good way to export QW invoices as some sort of text or CSV file?

Chris
Go to Top of Page

stevesiggs
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
2137 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2017 :  08:04:19  Show Profile  Visit stevesiggs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmedia

Is there a good way to export QW invoices as some sort of text or CSV file?

Take a look at the Management Reports - there have been some powerful new features added fairly recently to facilitate this. Rather than use the traditional Layout output option, take a look at the "File Export" options.

Hope this helps,

Stephen Siggs
Hilltops IT / ConnectIt Software
QuoteWerks Solution & Development Partner since 2005

Tel: +44(0) 344 357 7360
Cell: +44(0) 7875 423661
Email: steve@hilltopsit.co.uk
QuoteWerks services - www.hilltopsit.co.uk/quotewerks
QuoteWerks add-ons - www.connectit-software.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

qw_Shawn

USA
752 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2017 :  10:38:48  Show Profile  Visit qw_Shawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Management Reports section from the manual details how to get data exported to a text file:

http://www.quotewerks.com/helpfile/qw4help.htm?chapter20managementreports.htm

Best Regards,

Shawn McNamara

Go to Top of Page

mturpin

3 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2017 :  18:34:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi QuoteWerks team!

I'm very interested in this feature as QW is the only application keeping us with on-prem QuickBooks. Please add me to the feature notification if there's a list created for folks interested in QBO integration.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

qw_Shawn

USA
752 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2017 :  09:57:55  Show Profile  Visit qw_Shawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have add you to the list MTurpin.

If anyone else would like to show their interest, please email support@quotewerks.com, stating as much.

Best Regards,

Shawn McNamara

Go to Top of Page

Frey

2 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2017 :  14:51:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are using the desktop integration and looking to move to the online. Is there a way to have the QB online AND Desktop push enabled? I am asking for evaluation purposes as the online would need to be set up with a different workflow that the QW - QBD. The desktop version is set to create a Sales Order in QBD. Your info sheet says the QBO works the same way - but I am assuming this is an oversight as there are no Sales Orders in QBO.

Also is there a way to customize the link so that the Sales Rep name can be pulled from a different field? We utilize sales support to type the quotes so the person typing is different from the actual commissioned sales rep. We currently have a custom field with the Sales rep listed and I would like push that data so QBO accurately show the correct rep - rather than the person who typed it. (Unless there is an easier way - of course.)

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
QuoteWerks Support Forum © Aspire Technologies, Inc Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000