[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions
[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 QuoteValet
 QuoteValet Setup
 Upload new Sales Rep Picture
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

mloraditch

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2014 :  11:55:13  Show Profile  Visit mloraditch's Homepage
We are trying to refresh the picture, we have selected a new picture in preferences, but it is not uploading. Can we fix this? or does support need to clear something out?

Quintadena
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
2357 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2014 :  11:57:16  Show Profile  Visit Quintadena's Homepage
Probably your browser caching the image.
CTRL or Shift F5?

IF you load the page on a device you've not used before (phone/tablet) or a new browser, you should find it is correct.

The World's #1 Solutions Partner 2007-2016
sales@quintadena.com
(Support, Configuration, Development and Extensions)

Have you seen our QuoteWerks to Xero Integration? http://goo.gl/MaJwgu
Live Chat with us about QuoteWerks here - http://goo.gl/1gtui - (UK office hours)
Go to Top of Page

mloraditch

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2014 :  12:25:56  Show Profile  Visit mloraditch's Homepage
Yes that was it... I hardly ever have to clear cache anymore so never thought of it. Doh! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Quintadena
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
2357 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2014 :  04:23:08  Show Profile  Visit Quintadena's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by mloraditch

Yes that was it... I hardly ever have to clear cache anymore so never thought of it. Doh! Thanks!

No problem, it's amazing what browsers try and do for us these days! I remember first seeing the issue with a company logo change, took me more than 30 minutes of frustration to figure out what was going on!

The World's #1 Solutions Partner 2007-2016
sales@quintadena.com
(Support, Configuration, Development and Extensions)

Have you seen our QuoteWerks to Xero Integration? http://goo.gl/MaJwgu
Live Chat with us about QuoteWerks here - http://goo.gl/1gtui - (UK office hours)
Go to Top of Page

doxdanp
QuoteWerks Enthusiast

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2015 :  17:21:29  Show Profile  Visit doxdanp's Homepage
What if we're trying to just remove the picture? It was removed from the PDF but QuoteValet still displays it even after Ctrl+F5 and Shift+F5. The page HTML source still shows an IMG tag there; how do we get it to just omit the image entirely when it has been cleared on the user's Preferences screen?

We have a few users who did not want pictures so they just used a picture of our logo. However, we have a new logo now so we need to remove the old logo from quotes but it still displays in QuoteValet as the user's picture. We don't want to disable the picture for ALL users because most still use it with an actual photo.
Go to Top of Page

qw_Shawn
Technical Support Manager

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2015 :  11:39:58  Show Profile  Visit qw_Shawn's Homepage
This is a browser cache issue; if they clear the cache, it will be the new logo. Over time as the browser refreshes it's cache, it will give you the new image.

Best Regards,

Shawn McNamara
QuoteWerks Technical Support, Level 4
QuoteWerks Team Member Since June 2010
Aspire Technologies, Inc.

See our Tips & Tricks videos on our YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/quotewerks
Go to Top of Page

doxdanp
QuoteWerks Enthusiast

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2015 :  11:51:42  Show Profile  Visit doxdanp's Homepage
Hmm, nope. I cleared my cache but it still shows the user's picture. I'm not talking about the logo that is in the actual company logo location - that updated to the new logo successfully as the cache expired like you said. What I'm talking about is the QuoteWerks user's photo, in which a few of our users used an image of our old logo instead of a picture of their face. I'm trying to get QuoteValet to show nothing in that place for those few users.
Go to Top of Page

qw_Shawn

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2015 :  13:24:58  Show Profile  Visit qw_Shawn's Homepage
Go to Utilities -> User Maintenance. Then select the user and click Preferences. Hit the red minus ("-") under the Sales Rep picture, then click OK. Do this for each user in question. Once you complete that step and "OK" out of the User Maintenance. That should clear the pictures from QuoteValet and not show for those users.

Best Regards,

Shawn McNamara

Go to Top of Page

doxdanp
QuoteWerks Enthusiast

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2015 :  13:27:46  Show Profile  Visit doxdanp's Homepage
Yes, that is how I removed the user pictures, but it only worked for the PDF layouts. QuoteValet still displays the user pictures that I removed.
Go to Top of Page

stevesiggs
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
2163 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2015 :  04:07:09  Show Profile  Visit stevesiggs's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by doxdanp

Yes, that is how I removed the user pictures, but it only worked for the PDF layouts. QuoteValet still displays the user pictures that I removed.

Try re-uploading the relevant documents to QuoteValet, that should solve it.

Hope this helps,

Stephen Siggs
Hilltops IT / ConnectIt Software
QuoteWerks Solution & Development Partner since 2005

Tel: +44(0) 344 357 7360
Cell: +44(0) 7875 423661
Email: steve@hilltopsit.co.uk
QuoteWerks services - www.hilltopsit.co.uk/quotewerks
QuoteWerks add-ons - www.connectit-software.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

doxdanp
QuoteWerks Enthusiast

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2015 :  09:01:41  Show Profile  Visit doxdanp's Homepage
Re-uploading the documents to QuoteValet was the first thing we tried, and it didn't work. Also, the old user picture was showing up on brand new quotes that didn't even exist before the user picture was cleared from preferences.

But I had an idea... I tried changing the user picture to a transparent 1x1px GIF and then re-uploading a document, and that worked (with a Shift-F5 in the browser). To avoid any unknown problems with the 1x1px image in the PDF, I then tried clearing the user picture and re-uploading the document again, and noticed that the IMG tag was properly removed from the HTML. It also doesn't appear in new quotes by that user anymore.

I don't know why it wouldn't do that the first time I cleared the user picture and re-uploaded, but it appears that I have a workable solution now: change the picture first, re-upload, then remove it and re-upload again.
Go to Top of Page

qw_Shawn

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2015 :  10:43:05  Show Profile  Visit qw_Shawn's Homepage
The 1-pixel graphic works.

I did also test and removed the picture from the preferences of the user via User Maintenance, that worked as well -- the picture from removed from both the PDF and QuoteValet.

Best Regards,

Shawn McNamara

Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions © Aspire Technologies, Inc Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000