[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions
[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 QuoteWerks
 General
 QuoteWerks Web
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

qw_Shawn
Technical Support Manager

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  10:03:27  Show Profile  Visit qw_Shawn's Homepage
Updated Information as of 3/24/2017!

Currently, development is working on QuoteWerks Web which will not only include the ability to use QuoteWerks through a web browser, but also will allow for hosted databases that QuoteWerks installations could connect to.

QuoteWerks Web will be a hybrid solution - you can continue to host your own SQL data or a hosting provider can host your back end SQL database, however you will still have a QuoteWerks folder share installed to your local network. The Desktop client will continue be used for power users and administrative purposes such as setup, layout customizations, product imports, user management, and in-depth usage. The web client will be more end user focused. If your sales reps are in the field and need to create a quote without access to a desktop installation, this solution will be ideal for them.

Users will be able to access QuoteWerks Web from a browser without being on your internal network. Products will be able to be pulled from either local data sources or Etilize with real time pricing and availability retrieved from distributors. Contact information will be able to be pulled in from either the QuoteWerks native contact database or from your online contact manager (eg ConnectWise, Salesforce.com, etc). Quotes will be able to be delivered using the layouts that have been created in your Master installation and either emailed over SMTP, uploaded to QuoteValet, or sent for approval or peer review as desired. Quotes created in QuoteWerks Web will be immediately viewable within the Desktop client and vice versa, while ensuring that the document is only being edited in one place at a time to avoid data conflicts.
Additionally, with the ability to have the database cloud hosted, end users will be able to run the desktop client from anywhere as long as they can connect to the hosted database and have a copy of the QuoteWerks folder available to them.

While development has made great progress with this and we see all manner of new features each day, this version is expected to be released some time this year.

As we are still in BETA testing, we are offering our customers a chance to trial QuoteWerks Web. You have two options to get Early Access to QuoteWerks Web:

1) Use a DEMO: We can give you credentials to a demo instance of QuoteWerks Web for you to explore.
This will not have your own data or your CRM integration.
This is a simple fast way to take a quick look and test drive QuoteWerks Web.

To follow this route, contact the QuoteWerks Sales Team to request these credentials by phone at 407-248-1481 or by email sales@quotewerks.com

2) Use the BETA: contact QuoteWerks Technical Support (support@quotewerks.com). Technical Support can provide you with instructions on how to setup QuoteWerks Web BETA to connect to your live QuoteWerks data - which will have your own data and CRM integration.
This involves setup and/or migration but gives you the full capabilities of QuoteWerks Web.

Best Regards,

Shawn McNamara
QuoteWerks Technical Support, Level 4
QuoteWerks Team Member Since June 2010
Aspire Technologies, Inc.

See our Tips & Tricks videos on our YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/quotewerks

dhudik
QuoteWerks Enthusiast

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2017 :  17:23:39  Show Profile  Visit dhudik's Homepage
Any update on a realistic date? Management within my company is growing impatient and they are looking at other cloud solutions such as competitor. I need to give them something. Please help me here as i don't want to have to switch.



quote:
Originally posted by qw_Shawn

Currently, development is working on QuoteWerks Web which will not only include the ability to use QuoteWerks through a web browser, but also will allow for hosted databases that QuoteWerks installations could connect to.

QuoteWerks Web will be a hybrid solution - you can continue to host your own SQL data or a hosting provider can host your back end SQL database, however you will still have a QuoteWerks folder share installed to your local network. The Desktop client will continue be used for power users and administrative purposes such as setup, layout customizations, product imports, user management, and in-depth usage. The web client will be more end user focused. If your sales reps are in the field and need to create a quote without access to a desktop installation, this solution will be ideal for them.

Users will be able to access QuoteWerks Web from a browser without being on your internal network. Products will be able to be pulled from either local data sources or Etilize with real time pricing and availability retrieved from distributors. Contact information will be able to be pulled in from either the QuoteWerks native contact database or from your online contact manager (eg ConnectWise, Salesforce.com, etc). Quotes will be able to be delivered using the layouts that have been created in your Master installation and either emailed over SMTP, uploaded to QuoteValet, or sent for approval or peer review as desired. Quotes created in QuoteWerks Web will be immediately viewable within the Desktop client and vice versa, while ensuring that the document is only being edited in one place at a time to avoid data conflicts.
Additionally, with the ability to have the database cloud hosted, end users will be able to run the desktop client from anywhere as long as they can connect to the hosted database and have a copy of the QuoteWerks folder available to them.

While development has made great progress with this and we see all manner of new features each day, this version is expected to be released some time early this year to all the various intricacies within QuoteWerks and its integrations.

Go to Top of Page

qw_Shawn
Technical Support Manager

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2017 :  09:17:56  Show Profile  Visit qw_Shawn's Homepage
As one can imagine, taking the entirety of a desktop application, and translating that to a cloud-base platform is not an easy task.

We are currently beta testing with a small group of customers. Feedback from that group has pushed the date out somewhat. This beta test will more than likely be expanded to a larger group in the next few weeks. If you would like to be part of that test, please send an email to support@quotewerks.com.

A good candidate to qualify for the test would be users on Corporate Edition, and with a valid QuoteValet account.

After this second round of testing, our Developers will be better able to solidify a release date.

Best Regards,

Shawn McNamara
QuoteWerks Technical Support, Level 4
QuoteWerks Team Member Since June 2010
Aspire Technologies, Inc.

See our Tips & Tricks videos on our YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/quotewerks
Go to Top of Page

dhudik
QuoteWerks Enthusiast

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2017 :  15:24:34  Show Profile  Visit dhudik's Homepage
Shawn,

I email support, however I still haven't heard anything back. What is the current status?

Doug


quote:
Originally posted by qw_Shawn

As one can imagine, taking the entirety of a desktop application, and translating that to a cloud-base platform is not an easy task.

We are currently beta testing with a small group of customers. Feedback from that group has pushed the date out somewhat. This beta test will more than likely be expanded to a larger group in the next few weeks. If you would like to be part of that test, please send an email to support@quotewerks.com.

A good candidate to qualify for the test would be users on Corporate Edition, and with a valid QuoteValet account.

After this second round of testing, our Developers will be better able to solidify a release date.


Go to Top of Page

qw_Shawn
Technical Support Manager

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2017 :  11:25:37  Show Profile  Visit qw_Shawn's Homepage
Doug...I have emailed you three times with regard to this. Yesterday was the third time. Please login to the portal and check your tickets, and/or please check your spam/junk filters for my messages. They would have come from support@quotewerks.com, and contained the works "quotewerks web" within the body of the email.

Best Regards,

Shawn McNamara
QuoteWerks Technical Support, Level 4
QuoteWerks Team Member Since June 2010
Aspire Technologies, Inc.

See our Tips & Tricks videos on our YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/quotewerks
Go to Top of Page

dhudik
QuoteWerks Enthusiast

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2017 :  17:19:16  Show Profile  Visit dhudik's Homepage
Shawn,

I finally received the email yesterday. I am not sure what is going on. Anyways, do you have time tomorrow to chat about rehosting to Microsoft Azure when I already have it rehosted onto SQL?

Thanks,
Doug




quote:
Originally posted by qw_Shawn

Doug...I have emailed you three times with regard to this. Yesterday was the third time. Please login to the portal and check your tickets, and/or please check your spam/junk filters for my messages. They would have come from support@quotewerks.com, and contained the works "quotewerks web" within the body of the email.

Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions © Aspire Technologies, Inc Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000