[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions
[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 QuoteWerks
 Installation and Upgrades
 Moved License - Error Message Invalid Product Key
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

BRF1253

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2016 :  16:07:30  Show Profile
Good afternoon

After purchasing a new laptop I have successfully moved the QuoteWerks to the new laptop, ran the NSETUP and all data is correct. However launching QWerks I get two error messages "Invalid Product license key". The message displays twice, with two keys are not my license.
My license is showing correctly in the Utilities License Manager.

I am able to click through the messages and launch Qwerks and create new quotes

How do I correct this error message?

Thank you
Bonnie

Bonnie

qw_Shawn
Technical Support Manager

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2016 :  09:14:00  Show Profile  Visit qw_Shawn's Homepage
Sounds like the print files were not overwritten. See below:

Issue:
Upon startup, QuoteWerks is announcing that the WinPDF driver is an Evalution Version and it about to expire or is expired. The system might also report a bad product license, or invalid version, with a license key unlike standard QuoteWerks licensing.

This issue tends to crop up more when upgrading from Version 4.9 to Version 5.0 Build 4.x and higher, as QuoteWerks received a massive print engine update in Version 5.0 Build 4.x.

Cause:
This issue is due to the fact that the files were in use during the update, or for whatever reason, they were not overwritten during the update. It is actually easy to resolve.

Solution:

You will need to locate the ter22.dll (or ter19.dll depending on your version), the pdc32.dll, hps32.dll, rep8.dll (or rep9.dll for higher versions) and wps32.dll on your system. If this is a 64-bit system, then the files probably reside in the ..\Windows\SysWow64\ directory, otherwise you will find them in the ..\Windows\system32 directory.

Rename the files to *.old. It is also possible to simply delete the files.

While the mentioned files often reside in the System folders, there are some cases where they ended up elsewhere on the system (such as the User folders in the case of an improper installation on a terminal server). Please make sure that the system is scoured and ALL instances of the mentioned files are removed from the system.

Then run the Nsetup from the QuoteWerks directory again. Your issue should be resolved.

Best Regards,

Shawn McNamara
QuoteWerks Technical Support, Level 4
QuoteWerks Team Member Since June 2010
Aspire Technologies, Inc.

See our Tips & Tricks videos on our YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/quotewerks
Go to Top of Page

stevesiggs
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
2163 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  04:01:16  Show Profile  Visit stevesiggs's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by BRF1253

How do I correct this error message?

If Michael's reply does not help resolve the issue, then a screenshot of the error messages would be useful.

Thank you,

Stephen Siggs
Hilltops IT / ConnectIt Software
QuoteWerks Solution & Development Partner since 2005

Tel: +44(0) 344 357 7360
Cell: +44(0) 7875 423661
Email: steve@hilltopsit.co.uk
QuoteWerks services - www.hilltopsit.co.uk/quotewerks
QuoteWerks add-ons - www.connectit-software.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions © Aspire Technologies, Inc Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000