[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions
[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 QuoteWerks Real-time Module & Etilize Subscription
 Real-time Module
 Question regarding use of Real-Time Module
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 2

RichPadova
QuoteWerks Scholar

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  13:44:53  Show Profile
Will the Real-Time Module allow me to avoid updating my databases with my distributors D&H, Synnex, Tech Data, Ingram Micro?

Or is the Real-Time Module similar Etilize?

QuoteWerks is great, but it would be awesome if I could import my data base from the web via a click.

___________________________

RichPadova

Quintadena
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
2357 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  03:41:38  Show Profile  Visit Quintadena's Homepage
This are two parts.

The Real-Time module does the Real-Time Pricing and Availability and Etilize does the product searching.
(RT module is required in order to use Etilize)

In effect, it's feasible to have no locally stored product databases.
No having to worry about importing files.

As you're in the US, at about $70 a year, it's a no-brainer.

Whenever we talk to new companies, we don't really mention the fact that you can import files.. we just talk about Etilize.

The World's #1 Solutions Partner 2007-2016
sales@quintadena.com
(Support, Configuration, Development and Extensions)

Have you seen our QuoteWerks to Xero Integration? http://goo.gl/MaJwgu
Live Chat with us about QuoteWerks here - http://goo.gl/1gtui - (UK office hours)
Go to Top of Page

RichPadova
QuoteWerks Scholar

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  12:12:59  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mattquintadena

In effect, it's feasible to have no locally stored product databases.
No having to worry about importing files.

As you're in the US, at about $70 a year, it's a no-brainer.

Whenever we talk to new companies, we don't really mention the fact that you can import files.. we just talk about Etilize.


This is very good news, we already have Etilize so does that include the real time module?

Should I just delete my local databases?

Thank you for the prompt reply! :)

___________________________

RichPadova
Go to Top of Page

Quintadena
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
2357 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  12:25:46  Show Profile  Visit Quintadena's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by RichPadova

quote:
Originally posted by mattquintadena

In effect, it's feasible to have no locally stored product databases.
No having to worry about importing files.

As you're in the US, at about $70 a year, it's a no-brainer.

Whenever we talk to new companies, we don't really mention the fact that you can import files.. we just talk about Etilize.


This is very good news, we already have Etilize so does that include the real time module?

Should I just delete my local databases?

Thank you for the prompt reply! :)

If you've got Etilize, the local databases should be redundant!

The World's #1 Solutions Partner 2007-2016
sales@quintadena.com
(Support, Configuration, Development and Extensions)

Have you seen our QuoteWerks to Xero Integration? http://goo.gl/MaJwgu
Live Chat with us about QuoteWerks here - http://goo.gl/1gtui - (UK office hours)
Go to Top of Page

RichPadova
QuoteWerks Scholar

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  15:53:08  Show Profile
OK so are you saying I should delete the data bases or what? LOL

I don't like to go deleting stuff unless I know there is a failsafe. I don't want to get any hairy eye balls from the powers that be.

Certainly I understand this is my own risk, so I won't toss you under the bus too bad if it goes wrong. Hehehe :)

___________________________

RichPadova
Go to Top of Page

Quintadena
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
2357 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  16:03:59  Show Profile  Visit Quintadena's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by RichPadova

OK so are you saying I should delete the data bases or what? LOL

I don't like to go deleting stuff unless I know there is a failsafe. I don't want to get any hairy eye balls from the powers that be.

Certainly I understand this is my own risk, so I won't toss you under the bus too bad if it goes wrong. Hehehe :)

From the QW website. "If you purchase from D&H, Ingram Micro, SYNNEX, or Tech Data, you may never need to import their databases again!"

Technically, anything you can find on the Synnex website you'll be able to get at via Etilize .. therefore making the local database unnecessary.

The World's #1 Solutions Partner 2007-2016
sales@quintadena.com
(Support, Configuration, Development and Extensions)

Have you seen our QuoteWerks to Xero Integration? http://goo.gl/MaJwgu
Live Chat with us about QuoteWerks here - http://goo.gl/1gtui - (UK office hours)
Go to Top of Page

RichPadova
QuoteWerks Scholar

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  16:07:19  Show Profile
OK well I forsee a major possible issue. Maybe you can enlighten me on how QuoteWerks will deal with this...

We have like 2-3 years worth of Bundles that are Customized systems. These bundles were created with local databases. If I unplug local databases won't that cause an issue with all of my old bundles?

Or is there a way I can disconnect the local database and have it go through my bundles to make them play nice with Real-Time?

___________________________

RichPadova
Go to Top of Page

Quintadena
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
2357 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  16:18:32  Show Profile  Visit Quintadena's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by RichPadova
We have like 2-3 years worth of Bundles that are Customized systems. These bundles were created with local databases. If I unplug local databases won't that cause an issue with all of my old bundles?

Yes, this will cause an issue and QW won't find the products.

quote:
Originally posted by RichPadova
Or is there a way I can disconnect the local database and have it go through my bundles to make them play nice with Real-Time?
Once you've added the bundle, it can check RTP&A 'as normal', using something like the 'compare' feature.
It's just a case of getting hands on and seeing how it works for you.

The World's #1 Solutions Partner 2007-2016
sales@quintadena.com
(Support, Configuration, Development and Extensions)

Have you seen our QuoteWerks to Xero Integration? http://goo.gl/MaJwgu
Live Chat with us about QuoteWerks here - http://goo.gl/1gtui - (UK office hours)
Go to Top of Page

RichPadova
QuoteWerks Scholar

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  16:56:37  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mattquintadena

Once you've added the bundle, it can check RTP&A 'as normal', using something like the 'compare' feature.
It's just a case of getting hands on and seeing how it works for you.



I have a test bundle setup with 2 items that I found via Etilize and NOT in my local database. When I go to add these items to a quote I get this screen...


LINK: http://imageshack.us/f/221/aqwscreenm.png/

It doesn't find the items and it won't pull the items into the quote.

___________________________

RichPadova
Go to Top of Page

RichPadova
QuoteWerks Scholar

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  16:57:40  Show Profile
Curious is there anyway to add Etilize to the "Produce Database to search" drop down selection box?

By the way -- thank you for this help. I appreciate it immensely.

___________________________

RichPadova
Go to Top of Page

Quintadena
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
2357 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  17:35:50  Show Profile  Visit Quintadena's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by RichPadova

Curious is there anyway to add Etilize to the "Produce Database to search" drop down selection box?

By the way -- thank you for this help. I appreciate it immensely.

This is not currently possible. Bundles can't look at product found via Etilize only.

The World's #1 Solutions Partner 2007-2016
sales@quintadena.com
(Support, Configuration, Development and Extensions)

Have you seen our QuoteWerks to Xero Integration? http://goo.gl/MaJwgu
Live Chat with us about QuoteWerks here - http://goo.gl/1gtui - (UK office hours)
Go to Top of Page

RichPadova
QuoteWerks Scholar

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  18:03:09  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mattquintadena

quote:
Originally posted by RichPadova

Curious is there anyway to add Etilize to the "Produce Database to search" drop down selection box?

By the way -- thank you for this help. I appreciate it immensely.

This is not currently possible. Bundles can't look at product found via Etilize only.



So Real-Time breaks my bundles which I am 100% reliant upon. Is any solution in the pipeline for this? It would be nice to be able to take advantage of the real time plugin I have purchased but not mess up all my legacy data.

___________________________

RichPadova
Go to Top of Page

Quintadena
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
2357 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  18:08:26  Show Profile  Visit Quintadena's Homepage
Real-Time doesn't 'break' it, it just doesn't offer anything over and above what you're currently doing.

development@quotewerks.com will be your port of call.

The World's #1 Solutions Partner 2007-2016
sales@quintadena.com
(Support, Configuration, Development and Extensions)

Have you seen our QuoteWerks to Xero Integration? http://goo.gl/MaJwgu
Live Chat with us about QuoteWerks here - http://goo.gl/1gtui - (UK office hours)
Go to Top of Page

RichPadova
QuoteWerks Scholar

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2012 :  11:40:12  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mattquintadena

Real-Time doesn't 'break' it, it just doesn't offer anything over and above what you're currently doing.

development@quotewerks.com will be your port of call.


My bundles are built with the local databases so if the part numbers aren't found in the local database, I can't pull those part numbers into a quote. That's what I meant by breaking.

I get this screen (for each of the missing items)...


LINK: http://imageshack.us/f/221/aqwscreenm.png/

Are you suggesting there is a way I can avoid this and just pull the bundle into the quote and do a Real-Time update based on MFR Part Numbers?

___________________________

RichPadova
Go to Top of Page

Quintadena
QuoteWerks Genius

United Kingdom
2357 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2012 :  11:50:13  Show Profile  Visit Quintadena's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by RichPadova
Are you suggesting there is a way I can avoid this and just pull the bundle into the quote and do a Real-Time update based on MFR Part Numbers?

The item would need to be in a locally stored database for the bundle to 'find' it.
This will add it to the quote, to which you could then do a RT update for today's cost/availability.

The World's #1 Solutions Partner 2007-2016
sales@quintadena.com
(Support, Configuration, Development and Extensions)

Have you seen our QuoteWerks to Xero Integration? http://goo.gl/MaJwgu
Live Chat with us about QuoteWerks here - http://goo.gl/1gtui - (UK office hours)
Go to Top of Page

RichPadova
QuoteWerks Scholar

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2012 :  17:20:07  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mattquintadena

quote:
Originally posted by RichPadova
Are you suggesting there is a way I can avoid this and just pull the bundle into the quote and do a Real-Time update based on MFR Part Numbers?

The item would need to be in a locally stored database for the bundle to 'find' it.
This will add it to the quote, to which you could then do a RT update for today's cost/availability.



Thanks again for your help, I have since emailed support hoping there is a way I can transition off the old local database and into real-time without breaking my bundles.

___________________________

RichPadova
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
[Archived] QuoteWerks Support Forum - New Forum: https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/discussions © Aspire Technologies, Inc Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000